Youth Ambassador of Southern Africa – Olivia Taylor
“Dive Deeper – Aim Higher – Fly Further”
In 2008 when she was 11, Olivia started becoming passionate about the environment, initially through an interest in birding and worries about the future of the bearded vulture in South Africa and what this represented about the degradation of our environment. She turned her passion into action and, by the time she was 13, Olivia had raised nearly R100 000 in funding for Ezemvelo Wildlife’s Bearded Vulture Project by presenting her concerns and fundraising proposal to senior businesspeople in Durban.
INTERESTS: Olivia is passionate about her brainchild, Four Elements Conservation NPC and much spare time is spent on this NPC. Olivia also has many sporting interests which include running, freediving, yoga and hockey. Music is another interest of hers – she plays the flute.
- Scholar at Durban Girls’ College. CEO and founder of Four Elements Conservation NPC http://www.fourelementsconservation.org
- Qualified senior life guard. Sports promoter for Club Zero Fitness Advanced scuba diver and active free diver
- Organiser of ocean challenges : link to the 2014 oceans challenge: http://www.fourelementsconservation.org/ocean-challenge.php
- Summitted Kilimanjaro in 2012 ( aged 15 ) to raise awareness for environmental issues
- Recognised with a number of international and local awards for her work, including being honoured by the US-based Action for Nature organisation with an international ‘Eco Heroes Award’ and also by Ezemvelo Wildlife with an ‘Individual Excellency Award’ in 2013.